Ranging from the purchase of a new router to forgetting your password are some of the reasons for changing the router’s password. Sometimes we might log in to another person’s devices and then forgot to log out. Thus, we might need to change the password as soon as possible.
It is an easygoing process where all you have to do is enter your router setting and log in.
Steps to follow:
- Log in as an administrator of the router.
- Look for the option “Wi-Fi” password setting.
- Enter a preferable password
- Save the changes
Detailed Steps for changing the password of your Google Wi-Fi Router:
- Firstly, to log in as an administrator, you require an IP address, username and password.
- Usually, the IP address varies from model to model, which you can find easily by looking form the list of models.
- In case you are using a Google Wi-Fi login router, then you might not need to enter the username as a certain time is to be left vacant. Mostly you can log in using username and password “ADMIN”
- Even if your model isn’t listed you can search for a router manufacturing site and lookup for manual there. The manual carries all the major details of the product, you can easily lookup for the IP address, username and default password.
- To locate the password setting follow the order select “Networks” then to “Wireless”. After that, you will be able to see the wireless setting of your router. The procedure may be different for different routers.
- Following the above, you would be taken to a page where SSID or Encryption option would be given. Click on it and go through the “password” section. A few routers are likely to show options such as “share-key”, passphrase or WPA-PSK.
- Specifically for Google Wi-Fi routers, the password setting is located under the tab “Wireless”. Click to “Wireless- Security” and then “WPA shared key.”
- Now you will be able to enter a password, which you can easily remember. Choose a password which has a lower case(s n k), upper case(S O G), a number (4 5 9) and a special characters (! @ $ %) as these make your password strong (these are a few conditions which they may ask of you). Your password must be of a minimum of 8 of the upper specified characters.
- For future reference, one can save the password in “Free Password Manager” as it’s not every day we change the router setting, which makes it difficult to remember after a while.
- Finally, you can save the password by clicking on the “Save” or “Save Changes” button at the end of the page.
For more information go to Google Home WiFi Setup.