At some point in time, the router stopped working and doesn’t respond as it should be. This is a clear indication of a soft reset. Your device can be soft reset through the simple instructions going to be mentioned here in this post.
You may or may not know the fact that the Google router can be controlled from the smartphone app if installed on your device. The app allows you to add or remove the devices which are currently connected to the router.
If you are not being able to connect the router to the networking devices, then perform a soft reset on it. Simply disconnect the devices by turning off the power supply and remove the power cable from it. Turn off the Wi-Fi from the smart devices that are currently connected to the router. Another way of resetting the router is by using the smartphone app installed for your Google router.
Download and install the app on your phone and go to ‘Advanced controls’ from the home page. You will find this option on the last page.
Go to the ‘Network and general’ option from the top corner and select ‘Google Wi-fi’.
Click on the ‘Restart network’ option which is second from the top. You will find a message alarming you for this move. Click ‘Yes’ to proceed. Your device will not go into offline mode.
This is how you can perform the ‘Reset’ on your Google Wi-Fi from a smartphone. Now, we are going to discuss the steps to create a family label on Google Wi-Fi.
There are some useful tools available for Google Wi-fi router through which you can create a new profile. One such tool is ‘Create a new label’. This is the tool that is used to play or pause the network access on any device.
- Go to the ‘Google router app’ from the phone and click on ‘Settings’.
- Go to the ‘Family Wi-Fi’ option and read all the instructions given on the screen. If you have not created the profile yet under this option, then you will not find any settings or options.
- Enter the name for the profile you want to create and start adding as many numbers of devices you want. All the devices can be controlled from the app.
- Once the profile is created, you can check the list of devices under your account and if you want to remove or add any device, later on, you can do it quite easily.
- The option to add or remove the devices is given on the top of the screen. If you want to block any device, click on the ‘Drop-down’ menu and go to ‘Preferences’.
For more information go to Google Wifi Update.