To begin configuring the Google Wireless system, you need the below-mentioned things which are must for setup.
- Google Wi-Fi points.
- The valid username and password.
- Google wireless app installed in Android OS with version 4 or higher.
- Proper internet connection.
- Modem: There is a need for a separate modem for connecting it to the Google Wi-Fi. If the modem provided by the ISP is a combination of router and modem, then no need to connect the extra modem. If there is an Ethernet jack available on the wall socket, connect the Google Wi-Fi directly to it without requiring any modem.
- Ethernet cable for Wi-Fi point.
- Power adapter for each wireless point.
Step 1: Search a spot for wireless point
There is a need to connect the modem to the Google WiFi Setup Wireless point. It is suggested to place the device on the flat surface so that it touches the surface properly and you can easily view the rear surface.
Step 2: Plug the primary wireless point
- Using the Ethernet cable, connect one end of the cable to the Google Wi-Fi and another to the modem port.
- Connect Google Wi-Fi to the power cable and turn it on.
- Place the wireless point on the hard surface.
Step 3: Download the Google Wi-Fi app
Download the Google Wi-Fi app on your device using the Android or iOS mobile. When you launch the app, you will find the terms and conditions which must be checked before proceeding further. You can click on the box given in front of the ‘Terms and conditions’. Log in to the Google account.
Step 4: Find and connect to the Google wireless point
Read on-screen instructions given on the Wi-Fi app and scan the QR code given on the device. Your phone will scan the Google Wi-Fi point through the app. You will soon find the phone gets connected to the Google Wi-Fi.
Step 5: Select the location from the app
From the given options on the app screen, select the Wi-Fi point and check if it is correct or not. Once done, press ‘Next’.
Step 6: Configure Wi-Fi
- You need to select the wireless name for your Google Wi-Fi.
- Enter the password of your choice.
- Select ‘Create’.
- If you find any message like ‘Are you using cloud services’? Click ‘Yes’ to proceed further. The advantage of using this service is that Google will keep on storing the data online and check the peak performance of your device. If you don’t want to turn this feature on, then click on ‘No thanks’. All the other parameters like ‘Family Wi-Fi’ and ‘Network monitoring’ will remain off when the cloud services are disabled.
Step 7: Install the software
The app when installed successfully will search for the wireless software with the latest updates and security features. This may take a few minutes. When the installation process gets completed, it will take 5-10 minutes to reboot the network and the lights get completely on.