Routers are the devices that help in building Wi-Fi connection in your surroundings. However, there are times when these devices don’t work well and connected devices’ performance gets dejected. Therefore, to have it function normally again, you have to begin with the process of ‘Soft Resetting’. The resetting process is quite simple and needs basic skills to get that performed successfully.
To begin with, unplug all the devices connected to the main router means you need to turn-off all the linked devices. As, you know that these are set of devices which work together and are placed differently to cover a larger area. Thus, you need to go to all the rooms and switch-off the power source. This can be a tiring job so, why to waste time when, a handy device such as your smartphone or tablet is capable of performing this task while sitting comfortably. For this, you need to install Google Wi-Fi application:
After installing the application, start with the following steps
- Open ‘Settings’ on the smart device.
- Look for ‘Advanced Controls’ option which is present under settings.
- Go to ‘Network &General’ tab, an option that is located on the top corner of the page.
- Choose ‘Google Wi-Fi’ from the list displayed.
- Now, click on ‘Restart Network’.
- Once you click, the prompt message will appear asking you to ‘confirm’.
The procedure is almost over now, your device will perform the final step of going offline for a short while. That was the last step and so, Google Wi-Fi router is set to go now.
Now, let’s learn how to design Family Labels on Google-Wi-Fi:
Well these are some ‘professional settings’ but the method is extremely simple that doesn’t really need an expert guidance to make these changes to your Wi-Fi. These professional settings available on Google Wi-Fi are used to manage the network connection on device. With the help of these settings, you will be able to keep a track of connected devices as well as select a preference for particular device. To make these changes, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to ‘Google Wi-Fi’ application.
- Search ‘Settings’ Option.
- Go to ‘Family Wi-Fi’, which will direct you towards labels.
- Read the instructions stated on the screen, click ‘Next’.
- Once you have created the family profile, access the Parent profile to play or stop the network flow on any device.
- After this, you have to create a profile, set a name and begin adding devices. (Make sure the added device details are entered correctly.)
- After all the devices are successfully registered, you can play and stop the internet access on any device.
Upon successful creation of family Labels, you will be able to see the connected devices under the family group name or any other name kept by you.
After the creation of group, if you want to enter more devices to it or remove previously registered device, then open ‘Profile’ and click on the top right corner of the screen. Enter the details of new device and ‘save’. To remove, from ‘Profile’, go to ‘Drop-down’ menu and check the options.For more information go to Google Wifi Help.