Sometimes, you might feel like your router needs a reboot. This is obvious and can no doubt help to increase the efficiency of the device. Well, if you want to reboot your Google Wi-Fi router due to some reason, then we have come up with the tricks by implementing which you can perform the procedure through your iPhone. There is no need to unplug the device from the power supply to reboot. Simply do it from the iPhone itself.
With the change in technology and trends, it has now become possible to control and manage the operation of your Google Wi-Fi router through the app itself. There is no need to login to the router page aga
in and again for little modifications. This is useful, especially if more than one Wi-Fi is configured at home like one for bedroom and one for the living room.
If you notice the working of the router doesn’t go normal as it should be or if the performance is degrading with every passing day, then it is best to reboot it. To manually reboot the device, you will have to go to each room and disconnect the device from the plug. This is a bit time consuming and may require a lot of effort. What if everything can be done with a single click from the smartphone. This is possible now. Just grab the phone in your hand and open the Wi-Fi app. Start rebooting the router as per your requirement. If you want to reboot all in one go, then it is possible with the app.
- To reboot the wi-fi unit of your home, launch the Google Wi-Fi app and scroll down to the last page. Here you will find ‘Granular controls’ of Google Wi-Fi router. Check these controls carefully.
- Click on the ‘Network and general’ tab now. Here, the first option is related to connecting the smart wireless devices to the Google wi-fi and in the second field, you will find the ‘Reset’ option. Click ‘Reset’ and go ahead.
- A warning message will appear that will prevent you from performing the reset task. Click ‘Continue’ to move further.
- All the devices will go offline till the time your router reboots. It will take 4-5 minutes approx. for the whole process to get completed.
- Wait for few minutes until you find restarted successfully message on the screen.
After reset, connect the smart devices to the router again. You will find the change in the performance of your Google Wi-Fi router than what was earlier. If you find these steps useful, then don’t forget to mention your views in the comments section.For more information go to Google Mesh Wifi Setup.