Having Wi-Fi at home is not just a privilege anymore, but it has become a necessity. You must have observed that whenever you have a guest in the house, they ask for your Wi-Fi password to be able to connect to your Wi-Fi network. At the same time, you don’t want their devices to cause any kind of interference with your network. In such a case, there is one device, which can help you keep you create a separate ‘Guest Network’ for your guests, and that device is ‘Google WiFi’.
Let’s learn how you can create a ‘Guest network’ on Google WiFi.
It is quite normal to be casual about the Wi-Fi network, especially when it is working excellently for a long period. If you share files that consist of sensitive information, then you must stop doing that or else, you are going to regret later.
Follow the below-mentioned procedure carefully:
- Open your Google Wi-Fi application on your phone and click on “settings”. This looks like a ‘Setting Gear and Three Circles.’
- On the bottom left corner, you will see the option ‘Guest Wi-Fi’, so you need to select it.
- Press ‘Next’ in the following prompt.
- This will bring you to the new screen where you will have to select ‘Set up Guest Wi-Fi’. It will ask you to enter a network name and password.
- Once you have selected network name and password, hit ‘Next’.
- Then again, tap on “Next” on the following screen.
- The next prompt will ask you to allow the guest Wi-Fi access to certain devices on your main Wi-Fi network. If you have a network storage drive then, you can let guest Wi-Fi access that drives. Once the device is selected choose ‘Create’ from the bottom, or choose “Skip” if you don’t want to allow access.
- After this, the Google Wi-Fi application will take a few seconds to create a guest Wi-Fi network.
- After completion of the process of creating a Guest Wi-Fi, press ‘Done’.
- If you have given your guests access to your Wi-Fi then, they can operate ‘Philips Hue’ as well, which means, they can turn on or off the lights of your home without installing Google Wi-Fi application.
- In the following screen, tap on ‘Share’, which will let you share Guest Wi-Fi information in form of a text or email with other users.
- Finally, there can be absolutely no need for creating this profile, as most of the people visiting home are reliable, whereas you never know when the created network can come handy. There are times when you may not want network files or devices to be accessed by the guest thus; creating a separate guest Wi-Fi network is the better way to go.
Therefore, that was all about how to create a guest Wi-Fi network in your home with the help of Google WiFi. In case of any issue, you can contact Google WiFi Help providers.For more information go to Google Router Setup.